The following article is about Should You Buy a Samsung Refrigerator? Pros and Cons.
Samsung is a multinational conglomerate headquartered in Samsung Town, Seoul, South Korea. Founded in 1938, Samsung has expanded globally and operates in over 90 countries worldwide.
Samsung’s current products are diverse, including electronics, appliances, home goods, and advertising.
1/Is Samsung refrigerator good?
- Warranty Policy
All genuine Samsung refrigerators come with a 2-year warranty, while Inverter compressor refrigerators have a 10-year warranty.
- Elegant and Beautiful Design
– Luxurious and glossy appearance.
– Multiple color options for you to choose from, although it cannot match the uniqueness of Toshiba’s top freezer refrigerators!
– Sturdy and high-quality finish.
– Most models feature external water dispensers, touch control panels, clear and sharp temperature displays.
– Some premium models have impressive showcase door designs.
- Diverse Styles for Easy User Selection
– Top freezer refrigerators with 2 doors: This is the most common type of Samsung refrigerator.
– Side-by-side refrigerators: Among all popular refrigerator brands, Samsung’s side-by-side models are the leading choice in US.
Additionally, Samsung offers other design styles such as bottom freezer refrigerators with 4 doors and French door models.
2/ Features of Samsung Refrigerators
- External touch control panels.
- Quick ice making, fast cooling, child lock, customizable settings for the operation of both compartments.
- You can conveniently get water and ice from outside the refrigerator.
- Some high-end models feature showcase door designs, allowing quick access to chilled beverages.
- They have a special compartment called Lock N Move, designed to store perishable items while providing airtight sealing. This compartment can be moved to any position within the refrigerator.
- Soft freezing compartment, fruit and vegetable drawers, durable glass shelves, and rotating ice trays are equipped in most Samsung refrigerator models.
3/ Prominent Technologies in Samsung Refrigerators
- Energy-Saving Inverter Technology
Samsung inverter refrigerators help save energy. However, Samsung’s technology in this aspect is not as impressive as Sharp refrigerators (with over 36 speed levels).
Furthermore, Samsung refrigerators often have too many features, so their energy-saving capability is not as outstanding as Japanese brands (Hitachi, Sharp, Toshiba, Panasonic) in terms of refrigerators.
- Twin Cooling Dual Cooling Technology
- Thanks to the two independent cooling systems, the odors from the freezer compartment and the fresh food compartment will not mix.
- Very flexible customization of the two cooling compartments. Samsung provides five different operating modes, including Normal (freezer compartment on top, fresh food compartment below), Freezer off, Fresh food off, Dual cooling, and Mini cooling (using the top compartment as the fresh food compartment and turning off the bottom compartment).
- Twin Cooling Plus with two independent cooling systems ensures accurate temperature control for each compartment, resulting in better preservation, longer shelf life, and intact nutrients.
- Odor Elimination and Bacteria Removal Technology
Samsung refrigerators use activated carbon filters in most models, from basic to high-end. This is a normal odor elimination and bacteria removal technology (not outstanding or weak) compared to odor elimination technologies in other refrigerator lines.
- Durability and Stability
In terms of quiet operation, Samsung inverter refrigerators run very quietly. However, when it comes to stability and durability, some users’ opinions suggest that Samsung refrigerators are slightly inferior compared to brands from Japan such as Hitachi, Sharp, Panasonic, Mitsubishi, etc.
Samsung refrigerators are worth buying because, as mentioned above, they come with a 2-year warranty for the product and a 10-year warranty for the compressor.
- Price Range of Samsung Refrigerators
Considering the same capacity, Samsung refrigerators typically have prices comparable to other refrigerator brands. Additionally, Samsung stands out with more features and technologies compared to its competitors.
You may be interested in: 7 Fun Animal Facts You Do Not Know
4/ Should You Buy a Samsung Refrigerator? Pros and Cons
a. Advantages of Samsung Refrigerators:
- Diverse and plentiful designs. Within the same segment, you can choose from 2-3 models.
- Samsung designs lean towards youthfulness, dynamism, and modernity. They have refined and exquisite lines.
- Good quality and decent durability.
- Samsung applies numerous new and modern technologies to their refrigerator products.
b. Disadvantages of Samsung Refrigerators:
- The application of new technologies in Samsung refrigerators slightly increases the price compared to other brands with similar capacities and power on the market.
- Samsung refrigerators are more suitable for preserving fresh food rather than freezing.
- Limited options in the high-end refrigerator range.
- Samsung’s after-sales service is not as good as many other refrigerator brands in the current market.
With the information about article is about Should You Buy a Samsung Refrigerator? Pros and Cons, I hope you can find a suitable and convenient product for your family.